Thursday, May 20, 2010

encourage!

Written by: *Nikki* at 7:31 PM






en·cour·age 
–verb (used with object),-aged, -ag·ing.
1.to inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence: His coach encouraged him throughout the marathon race to keep on running.
2.to stimulate by assistance, approval, etc.: One of the chief duties of a teacher is to encourage students.
3.to promote, advance, or foster: Poverty often encourages crime.


There is an awesome thing going on over on Cafemom in a group that I joined called Sisters in Spirit where we are taking a commitment to encourage our husbands for 30 days straight!!
They deserve it and need it! I know that here lately I have noticed that when I encourage Gregg or compliment him...it makes him happy...it makes him have a better day...it makes him want to come home and relax and enjoy his time with his family. I'm not going to lie..here lately..it was getting rough between us...I don't know what was going on...well I do..I think Satan had a good hand in it...but with whatever that was happening...when I complimented Gregg or encouraged him...it made things better.

I know that there are times when I am stressed and busy or just plain forget to tell him that I do love him..and that I do appreciate him. When I sit and think about it...he works a full time job...works overtime...takes care of our yard..helps around the house...is a wonderful dad to Lyla...and those are all things that I need to be thankful for that I take for granted and don't show appreciation for! He will do whatever it takes to take care of his family. Even when we are having financial difficulites..he always does what he can to make sure everything is taken care of.

Now I know this isn't going to make our marriage a perfect marriage...no marriage is...and right now we are doing great..but everyone always could use a little encouragment! And I think he deserves it so for the next 30 days...I am laying it on thick!! :)

I really want you to join in and do this with me....I would love to hear everyone's stories and how they are doing that day..and what changes are happening in thier marriage....So leave me a comment...or leave me the link to your blog and I will be happy to read them all!!!

If I figure out how to do that mr linky thing..that would be great!!!

Have a great day!

0 wonderful opinions!:

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

I use Project Life by Becky Higgins
 

Living in Wonderland Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei