Friday, November 5, 2010

Be Thankful on Paper

Written by: *Nikki* at 5:38 PM
Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner...the very smart and talented Rachel from No 17 Cherry Tree Lane is hosting a challenge called Be Thankful On Paper.

I love the concept!

Every Wednesday in the month of November...write (on paper...yes...a good old fashion letter...mailed and everything..with a stamp) a letter to someone to tell them that YOU are thankful for THEM!

It will make you smile...it will make them smile...it is just an all around good challenge!! I encourage you to come and play along!

Rachel has a linky set up on her blog ...so feel free to join in anytime...

This week...the first letter i wanted to write was to my husband.

I didn't mail it...but I drove over to his work and slipped it in his truck so when he went on his lunch break ...he was suprised by it!

In the letter I told him how my life would not be the same if he weren't in it. It would be majorly different. Everything we have we worked together to get..and I am very proud of where we live...everything we have and who we are!

He was suprised by it..and called me to tell me that it was one of the best things I had given him (besides our daughter).
Sometimes it doesn't take hundreds of dollars to give  special gift....
a good old written letter does wonders for one's soul!




Photobucket

4 wonderful opinions!:

grey rose (they/them) on November 6, 2010 at 1:12 AM said...

Thanks for sharing! Praise Jesus for fabulous husbands:)

Lorie Kilgore on November 6, 2010 at 7:25 AM said...

Love the idea! I think I could handle one letter a week! Thanks for sharing. Hoping to get back to my blog soon! Been hard these past few weeks being sleep-deprived and BUSY! I only thought I was busy before ha ha

Unknown on November 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM said...

What a wonderful idea and beautiful surprise for your husband

Unknown on November 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM said...

awwww this is so sweet! how cute that your hubby called you to tell you how much it meant to him!

thanks for sharing!
~Andrea

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

I use Project Life by Becky Higgins
 

Living in Wonderland Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei