Monday, July 19, 2010

Summertime is time for Birthdays!

Written by: *Nikki* at 10:32 PM
I never realized how many birthdays there are in the summer!
Wow!
We have been to two in two days!
Wow!

But we have had a great time doing it! Lyla got to swim and play...I have had fun enjoying time with my friends!

I wish we had more time to hang out ..and just be girls!

But I had to post the presents I got them...they are so supercute!

For the first birthday...our friend was turning six! the big 6!!! Going into the First Grade!
So I made her homemade playdoh in a jar! Supercute!
don't you love it?

For the next party, which was today, I got her a funky Photo Album. She is turning Five and going into Kindergarten so i thought it would be awesome for all those Kindergarten memories..for her and for mom! I didn't make this...although I would love to try! A woman that lives near me made it and sold it to me! So here is her photo album..

isn't it just as cute!!?

I have to say...I think I am a pretty good gift giver! and if I'm not...don't tell me..it will hurt my feelings!

****Here is the good part!***
We get home...Lyla and I extend our evening out in our driveway with a parachute man that we got in the party favor and a popsicle. I had pink..she had blue ( and most of my pink)!

It started to get dark so we decided to come inside and take a shower...I jump on Facebook really quickly to tell the woman that made the super awesomely photo album that I loved it! and then off to start the water.

In between the quick message and turning on the shower ...I check on my lovely little daughter.
She is fine! Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. What a good little angel!

Starting the shower...got us some towels...found some PJ's...called for Lyla.....no answer....

called again......no answer......uh oh?

took off down the hall to look for Lyla....and found her ..........
sitting in the middle of my dining room floor ............
covered in SPF 100 sunscreen ................
and fingerpainting with it on the floor.

*take a big freakin deep breath Nikki*

OK...at least we haven't had our shower yet...

I did just buy new floor cleaner....and a new mop head

She wasn't in good clothes...still in her swimsuit...

nothing was in her eyes or mouth.....

.............and I just kept thinking of positive things until I guided her to the shower...then couldn't help but laugh....then cry....then laugh.....
and stole a kiss!

I am so exhausted!
Have a great night!

2 wonderful opinions!:

Lorie on August 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM said...

I love that you attached the cookie cutter to the playdoh in a jar! I bet she loved it!

Unknown on October 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM said...

What a fun gift idea! I bet she loved it.

Thanks for linking up to Scraptastic Saturday!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

I use Project Life by Becky Higgins
 

Living in Wonderland Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei