Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Greatest Gift

Written by: *Nikki* at 7:00 AM
I loved reading Heather's idea of the greatest gift ever over at But Mom Said
and now it is my turn in this bloggy chain to let you all know what I think is the greatest gift.

If you know me..then you read my blog! ha!
No really...if you know me then you know that I love going to church. I love being involved in my church...
so as soon as i read the Greatest Gift Ever was our topic for this blog chain....
first thing that came to my mind was

Jesus

What better gift could you ask for...than for someone to lay thier life down for you so that you may have forgiveness when you mess up....and mess up ...and mess up again?

He didn't just lose his life...it wasnt a quick thing...
he was ridiculed
he was beaten
he was whipped
he bled
he cried
he pleaded with God
he didn't want to
who would?

but he did
because not our will be done
but God's will be done!

He did
for us
to live

live a life that is pleasing to God

through all that
.... not a bone was broken....because nothing is broken on my God...he is PERFECT!
He knows what he is doing

He knows me
my secrets
my joys
my fears
my failures

He heals me
restores me
treasures me
comforts me

That is what I call a gift.
and I couldn't ask for a better one.



Now ...head on over to Margaret's blog The World As I See It to see what she thinks is her Greatest Gift!
Have a great day!
Photobucket

5 wonderful opinions!:

Prairie Mother on November 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM said...

How true you are! What a gift and unfathomable how it could have been given. Jesus is the greatest.

Mamarazzi on November 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM said...

BEAUTIFUL post!

thanks for stopping by my blog. i always do my best to follow people who comment back to their blogs and leave a little love!!

and good luck on my giveaway!

Heather on November 19, 2010 at 1:26 AM said...

Thanks for playing along! I hope we can get it moving smoothly for next month!

Sorta Southern Single Mom on November 20, 2010 at 9:45 AM said...

Great post... great point... I thought for sure you'd say your child, but then I scrolled down and that really is what it's all about!

Ashley Sisk on November 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM said...

You're so right - I don't need another gift! Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

I use Project Life by Becky Higgins
 

Living in Wonderland Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei